HFN is involved directly and indirectly in a variety of practical, conservation-related activities. These include, for example:
- Documentation of habitats and species in our newsletter (since 1975)
- Sponsorship of The Colin Stewart Award for Conservation (established 2004)
- Production of species checklists
- Participation in BioBlitz
- Contributions to assist in protection and ongoing monitoring of the Capt. Arnell Conservation Lands (now part of the larger Purcell’s Cove Conservation Lands).
- Submissions to government on critical conservation issues
Many of our members are involved individually in a wider range of issues and with other organizations and bring that experience to HFN.
View our Conservation Report for 2014/2015
HFN/NS Nature Trust field trip to the Capt. Arnell property in the fall of 2008.